Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
This classic recipe for perfect Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes is the only one you'll need! So creamy, buttery and rich, they're great as a holiday side dish for Thanksgiving, or alongside a roast, steak, or juicy piece of chicken!
Servings: 10 servings
- 5 lbs. russet potatoes peeled
- 3 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 3 cups water just enough to cover the potatoes
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk or more, depending on the texture you want
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- additional pats of butter for garnish
Select manual/pressure cook and use the +/- buttons to set the timer for 12 minutes.
Once pressure cooking is finished, perform a quick release by carefully moving to valve to “venting”.
DRAIN AND MASH
Drain potatoes, then return to inner pot. Add remaining 1 tsp salt, black pepper, sour cream, butter, and heavy cream. Use a potato masher/hand mixer and mash until potatoes have reached desired consistency.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1097mg | Potassium: 1019mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg