Cheesy Crockpot Sausage Rotel Dip
Perfect for game day or a party, this creamy sausage and rotel dip is loaded with extra cheese and made easily in the crockpot!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage roll
- 1 lb. spicy ground pork sausage roll
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced dried onion
- 16 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 20 oz Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles (undrained)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- minced fresh chives, for garnish
Add a small drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet, and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add both sausages and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as you cook, until sausage is browned, about 6-8 minutes.
Drain cooked sausage, then add to crockpot insert. Top with garlic powder, dried onion, cubed cream cheese, Ro-tel, hot sauce, pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
Stir well, then cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours, or HIGH for 1.5-2 hours. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese, then cover again and cook another 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with minced chives and serve hot.
Recipe serves 12 people as an appetizer.
- Brown sausage as directed in step 1. Drain and return to skillet. Add garlic powder, dried onion, cubed cream cheese, Ro-tel, hot sauce, pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Stir well, then cook on MED-LOW until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese, then cook another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish as desired and serve hot.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 734mg | Potassium: 350mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1.6mg