Easy Crockpot Chicken Lo Mein
Skip takeout and make a delicious version of chicken lo mein at home!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- drizzle of sriracha sauce
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb. dried lo mein noodles
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Add chicken thighs to bottom of slow cooker insert. Whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred, then add back to slow cooker with juice and sauce.
Add broccoli, snow peas, carrots, bell pepper and water chestnuts, and stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
While vegetables are cooking, boil and drain pasta per package directions, then add to crockpot with chicken and vegetables. Stir well, then serve with garnishes, if desired.