Grilled Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad
This strawberry spinach salad is topped with delicious grilled chicken, toasted walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, and drizzled with a honey herb vinaigrette!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 -4 servings
- FOR THE SALAD:
- Baby spinach washed
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 apple sliced (choose any variety you'd like, I used Gala)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1-2 in chicken breasts seasoned to your liking - what I used will be the notes section below
- FOR THE HONEY HERB VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh thyme or about 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp fresh parley minced
- salt and pepper
Preheat grill or indoor grill pan (even a regular ol' skillet will work too), over MED heat.
Season chicken breasts as desired, then place on grill and cook about 4-5 minutes per side (or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through and golden).
Set chicken aside to rest.
While chicken is cooking, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
While chicken is resting, add walnuts to a small DRY skillet and toast over LOW heat for several minutes, or until nuts are fragrant and slightly toasted.
Add spinach to a serving bowl, then top with shallots, apples, strawberries, walnuts, and blue cheese.
Slice (or dice) chicken, and place on top of the salad.
Drizzle with vinaigrette as desired, and enjoy!
1. I seasoned my chicken with a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and all-purpose grill seasoning.