Classic Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi is made with big, juicy shrimp that are cooked in a garlic butter wine sauce! Made in 20 minutes, including prep, it's perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 1/2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 or 20 per pound)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- heaping 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (like a Chardonnay)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock (if you have shrimp or seafood stock that would be awesome too)
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh is best
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- more minced parsley, for garnish
- lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
To a large skillet, add 3 Tbsp of the butter and heat over MED heat. Add parsley, garlic, and lemon zest and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Increase heat to MED-HIGH/HIGH, add shrimp and cook until just starting to turn pink, about 1 minute.
Pour in wine and cook until reduced by about half, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth and simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes.
Add lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes, and stir.
Transfer shrimp to a plate, leaving the liquid in the skillet. Add remaining 1 Tbsp of butter and whisk to incorporate. Simmer sauce for a few seconds, taste to see how the seasoning is. Add salt and pepper if needed.
Add shrimp back to skillet and toss to coat. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
- Serve as is, over pasta, or with a big piece of crusty bread.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 244mg | Sodium: 1312mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 974IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg