No Bake Frozen Chocolate Pie
This frozen chocolate pie is a chocolate-lovers' dream!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 (3.9 oz each) packages chocolate flavored instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped or grated German chocolate bar pieces
- 1 cup additional frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate ganache, see recipe below
Preheat an oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar and stir until the crumbs are well moistened. Pat the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and all the way up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan or dish.
Bake until the crust is firm, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, combine whole milk, buttermilk, pudding mix, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined and thickened, 1-2 minutes.
Fold in whipped topping and grated chocolate. Pour into cooled pie crust and cover tightly.
Freeze at least 8 hours, or overnight. Remove from freezer about an hour or so before serving.
Spread 1 cup of whipped topping over the pie, then drizzle with chocolate ganache.
TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Add 6 oz finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Top with 6 oz heavy whipping cream.
- Microwave 1 minute.
- Let stand in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together until smooth and velvety.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 151mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 0.1mg