Maple Honeycrisp Bourbon Cocktail
These apple bourbon cocktails are incredibly refreshing and a great mix of sweet with a bit of tartness.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium honeycrisp apples, sliced (gala or fuji work as well)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple cider (fresh is best)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 - 2 tsp granulated or superfine sugar
- 2/3 cup bourbon (approximately 5 oz)
- additional honeycrisp apple slices, for garnish
- fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
Add apples, water, cider, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar to a blender and process about a minute, or until smooth.
Place a fine mesh sieve over the top of a pitcher and pour blender mixture through the sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula to remove all liquid down into the pitcher. Discard solids.
Stir in bourbon and chill for an hour or two. Serve over ice, and garnished with apple slices and fresh thyme sprigs.
1 serving is approximately 1 cup
- Replace bourbon with equivalent amount of ginger ale or club soda
Lower calorie version (from cooking light):
- decrease apple cider down to 1/2 cup
- decrease maple syrup down to 1 1/2 Tbsp
- omit sugar
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.4mg