Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
This hearty and rich Italian meatball soup is made easily in the slow cooker.
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 medium carrots , sliced
- 2 ribs celery , sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz frozen Italian meatballs (the fully cooked kind)
- 32 oz beef broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 5 oz dry red wine (like a cabernet sauvignon)
- 2 (15 oz each) cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 3/4 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 3-5 oz fresh baby spinach
- sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional and not included in point value)
To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, meatballs, broth, water, wine, and canned tomatoes.
Stir to combine, cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, until vegetables are tender and flavors are combined.
Stir in ditalini pasta, cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, until pasta is tender. Remove bay leaf and stir in spinach until wilted.
Serve hot, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired (this is not included in the point value).
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3890IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg