Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
Rich and creamy hot chocolate made with white chocolate and real canned pumpkin, and infused with pumpkin spice!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 cups whole milk or half and half (or use a mixture of the two)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz white chocolate bar , chopped
To a dutch oven or large saucepan, add milk, pumpkin, spices and vanilla. Stir and heat over MED-LOW heat. Heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a simmer.
Turn off heat, add white chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted.
Carefully ladle into mugs, top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon if desired.
TO MAKE WITH SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE:
- Prepare as directed, except also add 2-3 Tbsp of granulated sugar to the milk mixture. Instead of adding white chocolate, add 3-4 oz semi-sweet chocolate.
TO MAKE IN THE CROCKPOT:
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, stirring to break up the pumpkin. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours or HIGH for 1 1/2 hours.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 9830IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 1mg