Caprese Pasta Salad
The perfect Caprese pasta salad for a potluck or summer bbq!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 4 - 5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz bocconcini mozzarella (or fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 12 oz dried orecchiette pasta (or other short cut pasta)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined. Reserve 2 Tbsp of dressing, place in an airtight container and set aside.
Add cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to mixing bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Let sit and marinate approximately 30 minutes.
While the cheese and tomatoes are marinating, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Let cool slightly.
Add pasta to mixing bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to serving container, cover and refrigerate 1-2 days. Before serving, toss pasta salad with reserved dressing and serve.
Pasta salad can also be served warm.
Right before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1.7mg