Crockpot Crack Chicken Pasta
Incredibly easy comfort food meal that the entire family will love!
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or stock
- 16 oz dried short-cut pasta (such as fusilli, penne, etc)
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or bacon bits if preferred)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped for garnish
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker, add seasonings, chicken broth, cover and cook about 6-8 hours on LOW, until chicken is cooked through.
Shred chicken, then add pasta, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and water. Stir well.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 20-30 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
Top with bacon, remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese, and green onions. Turn slow cooker off, keep the cover on, and let sit a few minutes to let the cheese on top melt.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe serves 6-8 people.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS
** there will be additional ingredients needed **
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- only 12 oz cream cheese
- additional 1 cup of chicken broth
- additional 1 cup of water
- Preheat Instant Pot on “Sauté” setting; add oil, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ranch packet, stirring to coat. Cook chicken 2–3 minutes.
- Add broth and water to pot, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to get all browned bits loosened. Add pasta. Close lid, lock pot, select “Manual” or "High Pressure Cook" setting and 4 minutes time. When time is up, perform a quick release and open Pot.
Stir in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, and cooked bacon until combined. Let sit 5 minutes to thicken. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 726kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1032mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1078IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 2mg