Instant Pot 3 Bean Vegetarian Chili
Bold and hearty, this chili is perfect for a game day party or weeknight dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 - 3 cups vegetable stock or broth (depending on how thick you want your chili)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- shredded cheese
- diced red onion
- sliced jalapenos
- sour cream
- minced cilantro
- sliced green onions
Set Instant Pot to saute and cook pepper and onion with canola oil, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients, stir, cover and seal. Set to high pressure for 12 minutes.
Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then slowly release the steam until no more remains and you can remove the lid.
Stir, serve hot and top as desired.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- Saute pepper and onion in canola oil, then transfer to slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or LOW for 6-7.
- Top as desired.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Saute pepper and onion in canola oil in a dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot, over MED heat. Stir in spices and and cook 30 seconds or so.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir well, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 seconds.
- If chili gets too thick, you can add a splash of beef stock.
- Top as desired.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2393mg | Potassium: 1266mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2793IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 6mg