Holiday Peppermint Bark
Easy holiday, no-bake dessert recipe!
Servings: 1 pound
- 12 oz white chocolate chips (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (optional)
- peppermint candy canes or candies crushed
- assorted holiday sprinkles
Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips, and microwave on MED power (50%) for 20-30 second intervals for the first minute, stirring after each cooking interval.
If needed, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each microwave interval, until chips are JUST melted.
Spread melted white chocolate onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
Sprinkle with crushed candy canes, m&m's and sprinkles as desired.
Let sit on the counter for about an hour or two, or until set and firm. Break into pieces.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MELTING TIPS:
- Don't cook on full power - if you choose to microwave your chocolate (which is what I normally do), set your microwave to half power (or medium). This lessens the chance of the chocolate heating too quickly and "seizing".
- Heat slowly - melt the chocolate in 20-30 second intervals for the first minute, then in 15 second intervals after that, stirring after each cooking interval. It takes longer, but trust me, it's worth it.
- Add a bit of oil - one of my favorite tricks is to add a little bit (about a tablespoon or so) of vegetable oil to the chocolate before melting. I don't think I've ever had seized or scorched chocolate when following the microwave tips and this one!
Calories: 1834kcal | Carbohydrates: 202g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 109g | Saturated Fat: 66g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 973mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 201g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 677mg | Iron: 1mg