Parmesan Roasted Carrots
This classic Roasted Carrots recipe combines crisp fresh carrots, seasonings, garlic and Parmesan cheese, and bakes them until tender with lightly caramelized edges!
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- 2 lbs. carrots peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Set aside.
Cut the ends off of carrots, then slice into roughly 2-3 inch long pieces. If carrots are particularly thick, you can slice in half lengthwise as well.
Add olive oil, garlic paste, parsley, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to a medium to large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add carrots and stir until each carrot is coated.
Add cheese and stir again until coated.
Transfer carrots to prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer, trying to make sure they aren't touching each other too much, or they'll end up sort of steaming instead of roasting.
Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring after about 12-15 minutes, until carrots are fork tender.
- Baby carrots may be used. These do not have to be peeled or cut.
- You can chop carrots smaller, but they might cook a little faster, so keep an eye on them.
- If you do not have garlic paste, I recommend using 2-3 cloves of minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- The crumbly style of parmesan cheese works best in this recipe instead of shredded. Think of the cans of Parmesan "cheese" that are on the shelf by the pasta sauce in the grocery store. BUT, if you look in the cheese/deli section of most major grocery stores, you can find bags of REAL Parmesan cheese that have been grated to that canned texture. If you only have a block or shredded at home - I recommend adding it to a food processor and pulsing until crumbly. This style of cheese just adheres to the carrots better in my opinion.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 836mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 37943IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1mg