Asian-Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These easy Asian-Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps are SO flavorful, and perfect as a simple dinner recipe, or an appetizer for a party!
Servings: 8 - 10 wraps
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion diced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into small pieces, about 1/2"
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste or finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce use more or less, according to your tastes
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sambal oelek red chili paste use more or less, according to your tastes
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peanuts roughly chopped
- 8-10 pieces Boston bibb lettuce
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
COOK ONION AND CHICKEN
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over MED heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the chicken breast pieces and cook for about 5 minutes.
Mix the garlic and ginger paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, tomato paste, rice vinegar, sriracha, hoisin sauce and chili paste together in a small mixing bowl.
In another small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch until smooth.
Once the chicken has cooked, pour the sauce over the chicken and stir. Let it cook for about 2 minutes, then add the chicken broth/cornstarch mixture and stir.
Reduce the heat to MED LOW and let the sauce simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg