Crockpot Bourbon BBQ Meatballs
These crockpot bourbon bbq meatballs take just 5 minutes to prep and are the best appetizer for game day, football season or a fun night at home with the family!
Servings: 8 servings
- 32 oz bag fully cooked frozen meatballs thawed
- 2 cups bottled bbq sauce our favorite is Head Country original, but use your favorite
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- fresh minced parsley optional - for garnish
Add meatballs to slow cooker. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together bbq sauce, bourbon, honey, molasses, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper. Pour over meatballs and stir to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
Stir before serving, then serve hot, sprinkled with minced fresh parsley if desired.
The calories shown are for a crockpot of meatballs, serving roughly 8 people as an appetizer, with one serving being approximately 4 oz of meatballs. Please remember, any nutritional information shared is an estimate, since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information.
- Type of Meatballs – since this dish has sweeter flavors, I don’t advise using and Italian seasoned meatball variety for this recipe. Personally, I pick up a bag of my grocery store’s brand meatballs, in the homestyle variety. Trader Joes has some amazing frozen meatballs as well.
- Type of BBQ Sauce – to keep things simple, I like to use an original variety of bbq sauce, and let the other flavors shine through. Any flavor will work though.
- Bourbon - since the bourbon is mixed in with other flavors, there's no need to break the bank and bust open a bottle of super expensive bourbon for this. But conversely, you want to enjoy the flavor. My advise is to just use a brand of bourbon that you would sip on it's own.
Calories: 582kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 825mg | Potassium: 725mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg