Simple Cucumber Salad
This easy mayo-free Cucumber Salad is complete with not only fresh cucumbers, but also sweet peas, crunchy red onion, tangy tomatoes, fresh herbs and a simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Servings: 6 - 8 servings
- 2 long English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2-3 mini or Persian cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced into about 1" long pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 or 2 Tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered if they're really large
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar reduction (Alessi is a brand we like)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add cucumbers, red onion, peas, dill and tomatoes to a large mixing bowl. Alternately, arrange them on a platter, as I've done in the photos.
In a small bowl or mason jar, add balsamic vinegar reduction, olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously to combine.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to combine, or just drizzle and serve.
- Both English and Persian cucumbers have relatively little seeds, and a thin skin that doesn't need to be peeled. Of course, you can peel them if you'd like.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg