Mexican Street Corn Dip
This Street Corn Dip has all the classic Mexican street corn flavors, but in a fun dip-able form!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 - 2 Tbsp vegetable or avocado oil
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen) if using frozen kernels, thaw them
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lime juice fresh is best
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 tsp Tajin seasoning
- additional cilantro for garnish
- additional squeeze of lime juice for garnish/serving
Follow These Steps - For Both Versions
Heat oil in large skillet over MED HIGH heat. Add corn and jalapeno to the skillet and spread into an even layer. Cook, without stirring, for about 3 minutes. Stir and cook another 2-3 minutes without stirring again. Set aside, off the heat.
In a mixing bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and cilantro. Whisk until smooth.
Stir in corn and jalapeno mixture, then stir in crumbled queso fresco cheese.
To Serve Dip Hot
Before charring corn and jalapeno, preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8” cast iron skillet or similarly sized oven safe serving dish/skillet.
Spread mixture into skillet and top with cotija cheese and half of the Tajin seasoning.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle with remaining Tajin, and additional minced cilantro, add a squeeze of lime juice, then serve with tortilla chips.
To Serve Dip Cold/Room Temperature
Transfer mixture to serving dish/bowl, then top with cotija cheese, tajin seasoning, and additional minced cilantro.
- Follow the first 3 steps of this recipe, for both hot and cold versions of this dip.
- There are several varieties of Tajin seasoning, but I use the Classico variety. I bought mine on Amazon, but your local grocery store will likely carry it as well.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 776IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg