Greek Salad Recipe
This perfect Greek salad comes together in just 10-15 minutes, and uses a homemade Greek dressing that's so much better than anything from a bottle.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 - 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about a 32 oz bag, or 1-2 heads)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine well.
Prepare dressing by adding dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisking them together. Alternatively, add dressing ingredients to a jar with an well-fitting lid and shake until fully combined.
Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Alternatively, serve the dressing on the side.
- Lettuce is optional in this salad; the veggies and dressing are great on their own.
- If you like a lot of dressing, I would double all of the dressing ingredients.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 822mg | Potassium: 2219mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 72562IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 449mg | Iron: 9mg