Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips
These Cinnamon Apple Chips are a healthy and delicious snack, made easily in the air fryer!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 large red delicious apple
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
Evenly slice apple into 1/8th inch thick slices. Remove any seeds. Place in a single layer on a flat surface. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides. Lightly spray air fryer basket.
Add slices in air fryer basket, trying not to pile them on top of each other too much.
Set air fryer to 300°F. Air fry for 15 minutes, tossing apple slices every 5 minutes (and more often towards the end of the cooking time), until golden brown and almost crispy.
Set apple chips on a cooling rack to cool completely. Chips will continue to crisp up even more as they cool.
- If making a larger amount than 1 apple's worth of chips, I highly suggest cooking them in batches. Otherwise the apples won't crisp up in an overloaded air fryer basket.
- If the apple chips are flying everywhere, I suggest topping them with a metal rack (like this one) during the cooking time.
Making Apple Chips in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice apples and season as directed.
- Spread apple slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour, then flip apple slices over and bake another 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove a single apple chip and let sit on the counter for a few minutes. Take a bite and see how crisp it is. If it's crispy, proceed with the next step. If not, continue baking a bit.
- Leave the apple chips in the oven, but turn it off and let them sit there for another hour. This helps them cool gradually, and crisp up even more.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg