Cheesy Garlic Pesto Chicken Sliders
These Cheesy Garlic Pesto Chicken Sliders are gooey, hot, and so easy to make. Made with just 7 simple ingredients, with make ahead and freezer directions, they're the ultimate delicious party food!
Servings: 6 servings
- 12 count package slider rolls
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup basil pesto homemade or store-bought (divided)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken a rotisserie chicken is great for this
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9×13" baking pan. Set aside.
Add unwrapped package of rolls to your cutting board and using a serrated knife (like a bread knife), carefully slice across the rolls, horizontally, keeping one hand on top of the rolls to steady them.
Once sliced, keep the rolls connected to each other and lift the entire top section off of the bottom section. Add the bottom section of the rolls to the prepared baking pan.
In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, minced garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
Spread half of the pesto over the bottom half of the rolls in the baking pan.
Add shredded chicken on top of the pesto, then top that with the shredded cheese.
Spread remaining pesto over the cut side of the top half of the rolls, then add top half of rolls, cut side down, on top of the cheese.
Brush garlic butter mixture over the top of the rolls, then sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until hot and cheese is fully melted.
- Recipe makes 12 sliders, but can easily be doubled.
- For doubling, use a rimmed baking sheet that’s big enough to hold two 12 count packages of rolls. Bake time would remain the same.
- This recipe serves approximately 6 people, with 2 sliders each being the serving size. Of course, you're free to divide your sliders up however you'd like though.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1252IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 1mg