Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Soft and fluffy rice, flavored with bright citrus and herbs, made easily in the Instant Pot.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water see note 1
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 - 3 tsp fresh orange juice not bottled OJ
- zest of 1 - 2 limes
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
Add rice to Instant Pot insert, then pour in water and top with bay leaves.
Secure lid, and select “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and hit the +/- buttons until you select 3 minutes (high pressure).
Fluff and season
Fluff rice with a fork, then stir in oil, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, lime zest and cilantro.
Taste, and adjust seasonings and add more juice/zest/cilantro if desired.
- In place of water, an equal amount of reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- Recipe can be doubled, the times remain the same.
- Recipe has only been tested with long grain white rice. If you want to use a different kind, you'll have to experiment with the cooking time.
- Increase water to 4 cups, keep all other ingredients the same.
- Add rice, water and bay leaves to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to LOW, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes (check the time listed on your rice package - it may be slightly different).
- Uncover, remove from heat, and fluff with a fork.
- Stir in other ingredients as directed in the recipe above.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg