Cherry Pie No Churn Ice Cream
Rich and creamy ice cream swirled with sweetened cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and crushed graham crackers.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 6 graham crackers crushed
In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with an electric hand mixer on MED speed until smooth and lump-free.
Add the cold heavy whipping cream and beat on MED-HIGH speed until light and fluffy, and stiff peaks form. **see Chef Tips note #2 for more information on stiff peaks**
Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, then gently fold together. This is most easily done with a rubber spatula and stirred gently in an over-under circular motion.
Remove loaf pan from the freezer and pour in half of the whipped cream mixture.
Spoon half of the cherry pie filling over the top, then use a bamboo skewer, butter knife or toothpick to swirl the filling into the whipped cream mixture.
Add half of the crushed graham crackers, then top with remaining half of the whipped cream mixture.
Add remaining cherry pie filling and remaining crushed graham crackers, then use a bamboo skewer, butter knife or toothpick to swirl the top.
- Recipe makes approximately 1.5 - 2 quarts, which I've estimated is 12 servings (1/2 cup per serving). Of course, feel free to break this up into as many (or as little) servings as you'd like.
- Stiff Peaks - When you turn the mixer upside down (with it OFF), so the beaters are facing up, the cream will stand up in a peak (like a little mountain), and not fold over onto itself. This is a great visual guide from Taste of Home.
- For the best storage, I recommend a container like this one (amazon link).
Calories: 1535kcal | Carbohydrates: 317g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 1292mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 3060IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 3mg