Tropical Coconut Pineapple Cashew Rice
A fantastic rice dish that has all the great flavors of the tropics... sweet coconut, red curry, fresh pineapple and savory roasted cashews!
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grained rice rinsed until water runs clear
- 1 - 20 oz .can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 - 13.5 oz .can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- FOR THE GARNISH:
- 3 Tbsp lime juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Drain can of crushed pineapple, reserving the juice into a large measuring cup. Add enough coconut milk to equal a total liquid amount of 3 cups. If there's not enough coconut milk, add water to reach the 3 cup line.
Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the crushed pineapple and all remaining ingredients (except garnishes). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until rice is cooked and no extra liquid remains.
Keep covered and let rest for 5 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork, and right before serving, stir in the garnishes.
** Make sure not to add your garnishes until right before serving, so the cilantro retains it's green color, lime juice stands out, and the cashews are still crunchy.
** Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings