Rolo-Stuffed Skillet Brownie
Made in one bowl, this skillet brownie is stuffed with chopped rolo candies and Hershey bar chunks, then baked to warm, fudgy perfection!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 Tbsp salted butter
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I used a Ghirardelli baking bar)
- 3 oz milk chocolate, roughly chopped (I used a Ghirardelli baking bar)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, whisked to remove any possible lumps (you can also sift it if you'd prefer)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour, whisked
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened good quality cocoa powder
- 1 regular size Hershey milk chocolate bar, roughly chopped (divided)
- 2 packs Rolo candies, roughly chopped (divided)
- salted caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and adjust oven rack to the lower third position. Lightly spray an oven safe 9 inch skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
Add butter and chopped semi sweet and milk chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until melted. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
Add whisked granulated sugar to the chocolate mixture, then add eggs and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
Add flour and cocoa powder and fold in gently, just until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in 1/2 of the chopped Hershey bar and 1/2 of the chopped rolo candies.
Pour brownie batter into prepared skillet, sprinkle remaining chopped Hershey bar over the top of the batter, and bake for about 30 minutes. To check for proper doneness, insert a toothpick in the center. When it comes out with a few moist crumbs, it's done.
Let brownie cool for 5-10 minutes, top with leftover chopped rolo candies, a scoop of ice cream (if desired) and drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Grab a spoon and dig in!
Recipe inspired from Sally's Baking Addiction
- If using UNsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp of salt. Add it in with the flour and cocoa powder and proceed as directed.
- If you'd prefer to serve this skillet brownie in wedges, allow to cool for longer, until no longer warm and gooey.
- As with all baking, all ovens and skillets bake differently, so start checking your brownie for doneness (use the toothpick test - you're looking for a few moist crumbs) at about 25-27 minutes