Easy Citrus Herb Marinated Olives
Kalamata and Casteltravano marinated olives are bathed in mouthwatering citrus and herb flavors, and are ready for snacking, or gracing your cheese platter!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups Castelvetrano green olives (any other green olives will work as well)
- 2 cups Kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed (or roughly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients except olives in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake bag to make the marinade.
Open bag, add olives, seal bag, and massage to coat olives in the marinade.
Place bag in the refrigerator and let sit for 1-2 days. Turn bag to re-coat olives occasionally.
Before serving, let olives sit at room temperature for around an hour.
Use any combination of olives you'd prefer
Recipe contributed by me to Real Housemoms and syndicated here