20 Minute Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna
Fall comfort food at it's best, this vegetarian skillet lasagna has all the flavors of traditional lasagna, made in 20 minutes!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bag Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles
- 1 lb pasta of your choice I used trottole
- Homemade Sauce see below
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of Italian Seasoning
- cup ½ Mozzarella Cheese
- cup ½ Sour Cream
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Homemade San Marzano Marinara Sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can San Marzano plum tomatoes blended in food processor or blender
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves minced
- cup Very scant 1/4 fresh mint leaves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Bring large pot of water to a boil.
In a large deep skillet, cook Grillers Crumbles according to package directions.
Puree can of tomatoes (via food processor or blender), and set aside.
Add olive oil to skillet with Crumbles and heat over MED heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add pureed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook over MED LOW heat for about 7-8 minutes. Stir occasionally so the sauce doesn't stick.
Toss some salt in the pot of boiling water and add pasta. Stir and boil about 3-4 minutes LESS than the package directions indicate.
Stir fresh herbs into the pasta sauce.
Drain pasta (reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking water), and add pasta to the skillet with the sauce. Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce.
Add a dash of salt and Italian seasoning, cheeses and sour cream.
Stir until all ingredients are well combined and cheeses are melted.
Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh minced basil