Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your crockpot! Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
** to thicken chili even more, mix 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into 2-3 Tbsp of milk/half and half/chicken broth or water. Stir until cornstarch dissolves, then stir that mixture into the chili. Cook until thickened to your liking.
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 pieces each, then set aside.
- Add a Tbsp of butter and Tbsp of olive oil to a large dutch oven or soup pot. Heat over MED heat and add onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir.
- Add in chicken, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Increase heat to MED HIGH and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the chili is thickened to your liking.
- Remove chicken to a bowl to shred, then add it back to the pot. Add in half and half and cream cheese, stir well and let simmer a few minutes. Stir, then serve as per the recipe.
INSTANT POT (PRESSURE COOKER) DIRECTIONS
Add chicken breasts to pressure cooker (I personally use a 6 quart Instant Pot
Add in onion, garlic, chicken broth, beans, green chiles, corn, salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne powder. Stir.
- Cube cream cheese and place on top of the chili.
- Cover and seal with lid, switch the valve to the "sealing" position and cook for 20 min on manual high pressure. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally depressurize for 10 min then switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening lid.**
- Remove the chicken breasts to a plate or bowl and shred with 2 forks.
- Add half and half. Stir everything together in the pot to melt the cream cheese into the chili and warm the half and half, then return the shredded chicken and stir to combine. Serve garnished as desired.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 988mg | Potassium: 462mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 10.5mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 0.9mg