Chicken Taco Mexican Pinwheels
A creamy filling made with chicken taco flavors is spread over a soft flour tortilla and rolled up to make the most delicious Mexican pinwheels ever!
Servings: 80 pinwheels (approximately 8 per person)
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp (my packages are 8oz, so I used a package and a half)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded chicken **see recipe notes below
- 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning (choose your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, very well drained
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3/4 - 1 cup cilantro, chopped finely (adjust to your tastes)
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- fresh minced cilantro, for garnish optional
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
Lay flour tortilla down on work surface and spread about 1/4 cup (amount will vary from person to person) evenly over the tortilla, leaving a 1/2 - 1 inch border all around.
Start at the bottom of the tortilla (closest to you), and roll up tightly towards the top, like a cigar. Place roll seam side down on prepared pan.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to several hours to chill and firm up.
Use a sharp, serrated knife to slice roll into 1 inch pinwheels and serve.
- Recipe preparation time does not count chilling time, as that will vary from person to person.
- If you have leftover filling, it can be frozen (in a sealed bag or airtight container) for up to 2 months
- SHREDDED CHICKEN RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Tequila Lime Chicken - cook as directed, then shred (this gives the best flavor)
- Leftover cooked chicken from another recipe
- Rotisserie chicken
- Canned chicken (this is the easiest option, but not the best flavor)
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 31mg | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.2mg