French Silk Pie Brownies
Fudgy brownies topped with a decadently rich French silk pie filling, whipped cream and shaved chocolate... they're the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert!
Servings: 16 brownies
FRENCH SILK PIE TOPPING:
- 4 oz German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 16 oz tub frozen whipped topping (like cool whip) thawed
- chocolate curls or shaved chocolate, for garnish optional
Prepare and bake the brownies according to package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Microwave the German chocolate pieces and butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, and then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
To the bowl with the chocolate, beat in the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until combined. Fold in half of the whipped topping (8 oz).
Spread the French silk filling over the brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping, and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.