French Silk Pie Brownies
Fudgy brownies topped with a decadently rich French silk pie filling, whipped cream and shaved chocolate… they’re the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert!
If you’re a chocolate lover, then I certainly have the dessert for you! A decadent combination of a fudgy brownie and smooth French silk pie… this easy dessert is absolutely going to be your new favorite!
Post may contain affiliate links… meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll get a very small percentage in commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Okay, I have to know… are you a chocaholic? I’d have to say that I am, but I go through periods where I prefer other kinds of sweets. But I do always come back to my beloved chocolate lol. For example, I just asked my 3 year old what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday next month, and inside my head I was squealing in delight when he said “chocolate cake!”.
I’ve actually been thinking about different chocolate desserts, planning ahead with blog posts for the rest of the summer and into fall, which got me thinking about these two chocolate recipes… the insanely popular brownie bottom cookie dough cheesecake, and my new personal favorite, the rolo-stuffed skillet brownie! You all have pinned, left comments, and sent emails about how much you love those two recipes, so I know at least some of you are as in love with chocolate as I am 😉
This recipe comes to you straight out of my fellow blogger Hayley’s new cookbook, Two in One Desserts! Hayley blogs over at The Domestic Rebel, and this is her second cookbook. She ROCKS!! Let me tell you, there aren’t a whole lot of cookbooks that strike me as a must have, but when flipping through all the recipes in her book, I had a very hard time picking a recipe to share. They all look amazing!! You can buy her amazing cookbook HERE.
The whole concept behind her book is sweet treats comprised of two (or more!) classic dessert recipes, combined in one mega-awesome dessert! They’re all made semi-homemade, which is perfect for those of us with busy lives, and the recipes are so creative. Obviously there’s these French Silk Pie Brownies, but there’s also Donut Bread Pudding, Whoopie Pie Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars, S’Mores Cookies, and MORE!
I’m fairly picky about my chocolate treats, and let me just tell you these French Silk Pie Brownies are just fantastic! So fudgy on the bottom, silky smooth on the top… they’re perfect for anyone who loves chocolate!
I’ve always been a fan of French silk pie, but am still learning to master the art of a great pie crust (hear all about my hilarious pie fail HERE!), plus traditionally, it’s made with raw eggs in the pie filling, which can weird some people out. This amazing combination fixes both of those problems since the “crust” is brownies, and the filling is made egg-free!
Hayley’s recipe is written for a 9×13 pan full of brownies, but it can be made in an 8×8 pan as well, you’ll just have more filling on top (like in my photos). If you do want to make it in the 9×13 pan, make sure you buy a box mix that is large enough… most brands have a “family size” and some even mention the 9×13 pan size on the box. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
I hope you all give these awesome French Silk Pie Brownies a try, and don’t forget to pick up the Two in One Desserts cookbook!!
WANT TO TRY THESE FRENCH SILK PIE BROWNIES?
PIN THEM TO YOUR DESSERTS OR CHOCOLATE BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
French Silk Pie Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
FRENCH SILK PIE TOPPING:
- 4 oz German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 16 oz tub frozen whipped topping (like cool whip) thawed
- chocolate curls or shaved chocolate, for garnish optional
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the German chocolate pieces and butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, and then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- To the bowl with the chocolate, beat in the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until combined. Fold in half of the whipped topping (8 oz).
- Spread the French silk filling over the brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping, and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.