Rich, fudgy brownies are topped with a creamy cheesecake layer that’s been swirled with sweet raspberry jam. The best cheesecake brownies!
Love brownies? Love cheesecake? Love raspberry? Well, then I have your new favorite dessert! These brownies have layer upon layer of sweet richness and can be drizzled with some chocolate sauce for some extra decadence.
Okay, so pretty much every time I see that picture, my stomach starts growling. I have a serious cheesecake obsession… and have some more cheesecake recipes planned for you all this year 🙂 But…. I also love brownies. Nothing against the cake-like brownies, but I love the rich, dark, fudgy brownies that just go directly to your hips. The kind that you feel like you’re being naughty by eating one. So why not combine the two?
I have a confession to make though… there wasn’t enough cheesecake in these for my tastes. BUT, I want a LOT of cheesecake. So I’m sharing the recipe with you all, the way I made it, but if you want more cheesecake, you could easily double the cheesecake layer and just alter the cooking times.
Once you try cheesecake brownies, you’ll have a hard time going back to plain brownies. The two flavors are just perfect together! If you love the combo, check out my brownie bottom cookie dough cheesecake!
Don’t be intimidated by the layers… there’s not a ton of stuff to wash. The brownie layer is made with just a wooden spoon, and you can even make the cheesecake layer with a whisk and some elbow grease 😉 I’m all for not washing the big stand mixer if I can avoid it lol.
If you’re not a huge raspberry fan, you could easily swap it out for some strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, or even leave it out all together for a tuxedo cheesecake brownie bar 🙂
Bring these to your next get together and watch them disappear as everyone keeps raving about how amazing they are!
This recipe is slightly adapted from The Recipe Rebel’s Cherry Cheesecake Brownie recipe. You should definitely check out her blog… lot’s of great ones there!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 cup butter melted, cooled slightly (2 sticks)
- 2 cups ½ granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cups ½ all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- tsp ½ salt
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- Prepare a 9x13" baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350.
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Pour melted butter into a mixing bowl and add in sugar. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Carefully add in flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- To another mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar. Using either a whisk or an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
- TO COMBINE:
- Spread half the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over the top of the brownie layer.
- Drop spoonfuls of raspberry jam or preserves over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Use a butter knife, toothpick or small skewer to swirl the raspberry into the cheesecake. Be careful not to swirl too deeply into the brownie layer (for better presentation).
- Spoon spoonfuls of the remaining brownie batter over the top of the raspberry cheesecake. Use the toothpick, knife or skewer to carefully swirl the brownie batter into the cheesecake. Alternatively, you can try to smooth the brownie batter over the top, but it will be very thick and difficult to do.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Bars will be easier to cut cleanly if you refrigerate them for a bit.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!