Soft and fluffy ricotta pancakes infused with great lemon zest flavor… perfect for a special occasion breakfast, but easy enough to make every day!
The classic buttermilk pancake gets a makeover with the addition of ricotta for an extra fluffy and tender treat! Cheese in pancakes… just trust me on this one.
Think cannoli, not ravioli. Ricotta cheese is one of those powerhouse ingredients that is equally delicious in both savory AND sweet recipes!
If you have a Cheesecake Factory restaurant near you, you might have tried their lemon ricotta pancakes… and they’re heavenly!
Well they are kind enough to share a few of their recipes right on their website, and this is one of them. So I can’t really call it a copycat, since it comes directly from them lol, but rather a home-version of the delicious original!
I have a love of pancakes, and from the response I’ve received from my Vanilla and Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes, you guys do too!
Usually I’m a butter and syrup on my flapjacks kind of gal, but for these lemon ricotta pancakes, they’re so flavorful and light, that I think even just a dusting of powdered sugar is perfect.
But then other times, I get down with the maple syrup and just drown them… I’m a complex lady… like to keep you on your toes 🙂
You can top these with just about anything you’d like… I like to add a couple lemon slices for presentation, some fresh blueberries and pomegranate arils (the seeds) for both flavor and color 🙂
Some raspberries or strawberries would be equally delicious!
I hope you all give these a try… I know you’ll love how soft and tender they are!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- Butter for griddle
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- To another large mixing bowl, add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil. Whisk to very loosely combine.
- Add sugar, lemon zest and ricotta cheese and whisk to incorporate well.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to fold everything together.
- You want your batter to be slightly lumpy. Be careful not to overmix; batter will be thick.
- Heat a bit of butter on a griddle or pan heated over MED-LOW heat. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to ladle batter onto griddle or pan, then smooth it out in a concentric circle motion to form an even layer of batter.
- Heat for approximately 2 minutes, or until you see the edges of the pancake are set and appear dry, and air bubbles are forming over the top surface of the batter.
- Flip pancake over and cook another minute, until cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or any combination of those.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.