Fail-Proof Roasted Corn on the Cob
The easiest method for cooking corn on the cob... roasting it in the oven! This method yields perfectly cooked and naturally sweet ears of corn!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 ears of corn, husked
- softened butter (salted or unsalted)
- kosher salt and black pepper
ORANGE BASIL BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- small pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a rim (like this jelly roll pan), with foil and set aside.
Rub softened butter over each ear of corn and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Line ears of corn up on prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 - 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
While corn is baking, add all orange basil butter ingredients to a small mixing bowl and use a small rubber spatula (I love this one), or a spoon to combine well.
When corn is finished baking, slather them with the flavored butter and serve!
If you prefer to slice your kernels off the cob, check out my tips on how to do it with no mess HERE!