Pico de Gallo
Bright and fresh, this pico de gallo is perfect with chips, on tacos, nachos... just about everything!
Servings: 6 servings
- 7 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup red or white onion finely diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch garlic powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring gently.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
To serve as a dip, give it a quick stir and you're ready to go. To serve as a salsa on top of Tex-Mex foods, serve with a slotted spoon to prevent too much watery liquid getting on your meal.
- Think of this recipe as more of a method, and change up the amounts of the ingredients to your tastes. Like less onion flavor, decrease the amount. Prefer more lime, add some more juice. It's very flexible and the amounts will likely vary from person to person.
Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg