Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
This simple fruit salsa recipe is made with a variety of great summer fruits and served alongside the most mouthwatering cinnamon sugar chips!
Servings: 10 servings
- 12 strawberries hulled and diced
- 5 mandarin oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 3 kiwis peeled and diced
- 1 cup blueberries halved
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste (optional but recommended)
- 20 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter salted or unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4-5 tsp ground cinnamon
PREPARE AND BAKE THE CHIPS
Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside. Combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
Cut flour tortillas into triangles, place in large bowl. Pour melted butter over cut tortillas, toss until well coated.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture into bowl, tossing as you go to evenly distribute the mixture.
Bake about 17-20 minutes or until crispy, oven times may vary, watch closely so they don’t burn. I like to start checking at about 13-14 minutes.
MAKE THE SALSA
Dice all fruit in to small pieces, place in bowl and set aside.
Combine honey, lemon juice, mint and ginger in blender, then blend until smooth.
Pour dressing over diced fruit and toss to combine. For best flavor, chill 30 minutes before serving.
When chips are finished baking, let cool to room temperature while the salsa is chilling.
Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe prep time only includes the time to prepare chips before baking, as the recipe indicates to use the baking time to chop all the fruit for the salsa and prepare the dressing.
- Feel free to use any type of fruit and in any amount for your salsa. This is just the version that my family and I prefer, but there are so many options!
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 864IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg