Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
Made with shredded chicken, beans, cheese, ranch seasoning and plenty of spice, it's the perfect weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will LOVE!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed well
- 9 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 4 oz can diced green chiles drained
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 oz packet ranch seasoning we like Hidden Valley
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth reduced sodium is preferred
- 8 oz package cream cheese cubed and softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch optional - for a thicker chili
- 2 Tbsp cold water optional - for thicker chili
- additional cooked and crumbled bacon
- additional shredded cheese
- sliced green onions
- minced fresh cilantro
- slices of jalapeno
- lightly crushed Fritos or tortilla chips
- sour cream
Add chicken to bottom of Instant Pot. Top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, bacon, Ranch seasoning, chili powder, chile powder, cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Pour in chicken broth. Don’t stir.
Secure Instant Pot lid, making sure it’s set to “sealing”. Select Manual or Pressure cook and use the +/- buttons to select 15 minutes.
When timer beeps and pressure cooking is complete, perform a quick release by carefully moving the valve to “venting”. When the pin drops, remove lid.
THICKEN CHILI (OPTIONAL)
For a thicker chili, in a separate bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir mixture into the chili and cook a few minutes, until thickened to desired consistency.
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
- Add all ingredients (except cheddar cheese, and cornstarch/water if using), to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4.
- Remove chicken to a bowl and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker, stirring well to melt the cooked cream cheese into the chili.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir to melt.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Increase chicken broth to 3 cups. Add all ingredients (except cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cornstarch/water if using), to dutch oven or large soup pot.
- Cook over MED HIGH heat until chili comes up to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a bowl and shred.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir until it melts into the chili.
- Return shredded chicken back to the pot, stir to combine, then serve with desired toppings.
Calories: 634kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 1311mg | Potassium: 958mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1763IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 3mg