Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Perfectly crispy on the outside and so creamy in the middle, avocado fries are great on their own with a dipping sauce, or as a topping on a burger or sandwich!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- splash of water
- cooking spray
Bread Avocado Slices
Get out 3 shallow bowls. To the first one, add flour, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp paprika. Stir with a fork until combined.
In the second bowl, add 2 eggs and splash of water and whisk. In the third bowl, add the panko and the everything bagel seasoning. Stir with a fork to combine.
Coat the avocado slices, one at a time, in the flour mixture, then in the eggs, then in the panko mixture. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining slices.
Spray basket of air fryer with nonstick spray to prevent any sticking.
Add breaded avocado slices in a single layer to the bottom of the air fryer basket, making sure they're not touching each other. You'll likely have to cook the avocado slices in batches. Lightly spray with a canola oil cooking spray, then cook for 4 minutes.
Open air fryer, turn over avocado slices, spray with cooking spray, then cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
Set cooked avocado fries on a plate and repeat with any remaining avocado slices.
- Recipes serves approximately 6 people, with each person getting roughly half an avocado's worth of fries.
Oven Baked Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bread avocado slices as written, then add them to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, not touching each other.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, turning over halfway through, until golden and crispy.
- Heat about 1/2 cup of an oil with a high smoke point (such as canola, vegetable, peanut, sunflower, etc) in a deep skillet over MED/MED HIGH heat.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and top with a cooling rack.
- Bread avocado slices as written.
- Add a pinch of breadcrumbs to the oil to test to see if it's ready. If the crumbs sizzle, but don't burn right away, it's ready.
- Add a single layer of avocado slices to the hot oil and cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Remove to prepared baking sheet/cooling rack. Repeat with remaining avocado slices.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 431IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 4mg