Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
Using simple ingredients, this soup is low carb, vegan, and gluten free. Flavored with warm curry spices, garlic and ginger and finished with creamy coconut milk, this is a cozy soup you can feel good about eating!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large heads cauliflower approximately 48 oz/3 lbs.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 13-14 oz can full fat coconut milk shake really well before opening
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crushed red pepper
- sliced green onions
- pumpkin seeds
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- sliced Thai chiles
Select "Saute" on the Instant Pot, then add coconut oil to the pot. Once hot, add onion and cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander and salt and cook for 30-40 seconds, just until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower florets and vegetable broth.
Secure Instant Pot lid, making sure it’s set to “sealing”. Select Manual or Pressure cook (on high pressure) and use the +/- buttons to select 8 minutes.
When timer beeps and pressure cooking is complete, perform a quick release by carefully moving the valve to “venting”. When the pin drops, remove lid.
Thicken (optional and if desired)
Cook time does not include the time for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure, as this can vary from individual to individual. For me, it takes about 10-15 minutes.
- This soup is not super thick. For a thicker soup, follow the instructions under the "Thicken" heading in the recipe instructions.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender you can blend in smaller batches using a standard blender. Be careful not to fill more than half-way and hold the lid with a folded dish towel to prevent any blender mishaps.
- When using an immersion blender be sure it is fully submerged in the soup before turning it on to prevent splashing and burns (not to mention a mess!).
- This recipe was made with a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Omit coconut oil.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, salt, cauliflower florets and vegetable broth to slow cooker.
- Stir, then cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in coconut milk and blend.
- Heat coconut oil over MED heat in a dutch oven or large soup pot. Add onion and saute for about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander and salt and cook 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower florets and vegetable broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to LOW and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir in coconut milk, then use immersion blender to puree until smooth.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 1245mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 501IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 3mg