Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Buttery yellow cake is infused with banana pudding, then slathered with whipped cream, crushed vanilla wafers and banana slices!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make the cake - check the box for directions)
- 2 (3.4 oz each) packages instant banana pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- sliced bananas
Prepare, and bake cake in a 9x13" baking pan, according to package directions. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
While cake is still warm, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
In a mixing bowl, add pudding mix and milk. Whisk well to combine.
Pour pudding evenly over the warm cake, spreading if necessary to make the pudding fill the holes in the cake. Cover cake with foil and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, or until cooled.
When cake is cooled, spread whipped topping evenly over the entire top of the cake.
To serve, top cake with the cookie pieces and/or banana slices right before serving.
- You can make this cake (up to step 4) one or two days ahead. Just cover it as directed in step 4 and refrigerate until needed.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg