Kung Pao Chickpeas
Your favorite takeout Kung Pao dish, gone vegan!! Hearty, satisfying, and deliciously spicy... you'll be amazed at the fantastic flavor of this dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed well, 14.5
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or vegetable
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch section of fresh ginger grated, 1
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup bottled kung pao sauce
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Thai chili peppers sliced
- Red cabbage
- Sesame seeds
Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Add the chickpeas to the marinade, and stir. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add the coconut oil, the marinated chickpeas and the remaining stir fry ingredients.
Sauté for about 6 to 10 minutes, until the chickpeas have caramelized to your liking.
Serve over rice
and garnish as desired.