Ultimate Deluxe Stromboli
This Stromboli is loaded with Italian meats, cheeses and vegetables, and all wrapped up in a crispy cheesy crust.
Servings: 6 - 8 servings
- 1/4 pound Mild Italian sausage (hot can also be used)
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced into roughly 1 inch long pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced into roughly 1 inch long pieces
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough thawed
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 large slices pepperoni
- 6 slices Genoa salami
- 6 slices hot capicola ham
- 4 oz very thinly sliced mushrooms uncooked
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 egg + splash of water beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a skillet over MED HIGH heat, add a small drizzle of olive oil and brown Italian sausage, then drain and set aside. In the leftover drippings in the skillet, cook green bell pepper and onion slices. Cook about 3 minutes, then set aside.
Roll pizza dough out into a large rectangle, roughly 10x15".
Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a 1.5” border along all the edges.
Top with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan, pepperoni slices, salami slices, capicola slices, mushrooms, cooked Italian sausage, cooked onion and green pepper, and green olives.
Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Roll up stromboli
Starting with a long edge of the stromboli, roll up into a log shape, pinching in the sides as you roll, so you have a long log, approximately 15 inches long. If the dough is too sticky, dust your hands with flour.
Carefully transfer stromboli to prepared baking sheet and brush the entire top of the stromboli with the rest of the beaten egg. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Using a sharp knife make a couple of roughly 2 inch long diagonal slits in the top of the stromboli, then bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until center of the stromboli is at least 200°F with an instant read thermometer.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve with additional pizza or marinara sauce if desired.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1834mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 436IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 3mg