One-Pan Mexican Quinoa Skillet
How would you like to have a simple, yet incredibly flavorful vegetarian dish that will more than satisfy you... all cooked in one pan? Easy cleanup!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time30 minutes mins
Total Time35 minutes mins
Course: Entree, Side Dish
Servings: 6 servings
Author: The Chunky Chef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 oz can black beans drained and rinsed thoroughly, 15-
- 1 oz can diced tomatoes 14.5, DON'T drain
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- Juice of 1 lime plus additional lime wedges for garnish
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro minced
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and saute, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in quinoa, vegetable stock, black beans, can of tomatoes, thawed corn, chili powder and cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through and translucent, about 30 minutes. Top with avocado, cilantro, and squeeze lime juice over the top.