Crab Rangoon Recipe
Even better than ordering takeout, this Crab Rangoon recipe is very simple to make, and is such an irresistible appetizer!
Servings: 25 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3 oz imitation crab meat drained
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
Chinese Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- generous drizzle of honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- additional sliced green onions
Place wontons wrappers on flat surface, and spoon approximately 1 Tbsp of filling into the center of each wonton wrapper.
Fill a small bowl or glass with water, using your fingers or a pastry brush to "paint" the outer edges of your wonton wrappers with the water.
Bring 2 opposite sides of the wrappers together, pinching closed, then bring the 2 other sides towards the middle and pinch to seal all edges.
You can fold these any way you like, so long as the edges are sealed so your filling doesn't come out while cooking.
Add 5-6 rangoons to preheated oil and fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove to prepared wire cooling rack topped baking sheet, and repeat with any remaining rangoons, frying 5-6 rangoons (or less) at a time.
- Recipe makes approximately 25 crab rangoon.
- Extra wonton wrappers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen in a freezer-safe container.
- Serve these rangoons with any dipping sauce you'd like... sweet and sour, sweet chili sauce, duck sauce, etc.
- If you're worried about any potential graininess, feel free to use an equal amount of powdered sugar.
Oven Baked Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add assembled crab rangoon to baking sheet, and bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and seams.
Air Fryer Directions:
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Spray air fryer basket lightly with nonstick cooking spray, then add assembled crab rangoon in a single layer.
- Spray rangoons with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes, then gently flip rangoons over and air fry another 2-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg