Healthy Black Forest Smoothie
This Black Forest smoothie is so rich and decadent, you'll swear you're having dessert, when you're actually drinking something really healthy!
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk divided
- 2 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- drizzle of honey (for extra sweetness) optional
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- additional chopped frozen cherries, for garnish (optional)
- grated dark chocolate for garnish (optional)
Place half the almond milk in the bottom of blender, add cocoa powder, top with dates, drizzle of honey (if using), rolled oats, chia seeds, baby spinach, frozen cherries and remaining half of the almond milk.
Blend until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides, then blend again.
Pour into glasses, top with additional chopped frozen cherries and a dash of grated dark chocolate if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 327mg | Iron: 2.1mg