Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot is SO easy! Perfectly cooked, with no grey ring, and they peel perfectly every time.
Servings: 12 eggs
Add the trivet to the bottom of 6 quart Instant Pot.
Pour in water, then add eggs, arranging them in an even layer. Secure Instant Pot lid and set to “sealing”.
Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Once the timer goes off, perform a natural pressure release by leaving the Instant Pot alone for 7-10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. This will be a water bath to stop the cooking process of the eggs.
Using tongs to gently transfer the eggs to the bowl of ice cold water and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Peel and enjoy. If not eating immediately, cool completely and store peeled eggs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
- This recipe has been tested in a 6 quart duo evo plus model. If using a larger or smaller Instant Pot, or different brand of electric pressure cooker, you will want to experiment with the amount of liquid and cooking/venting times, as it will likely be a bit different.
- If you're new to pressure cooking, check out my Instant Pot 101 page with helpful tips, pressure cooker terms, what all the buttons do, etc.
- Cooking time does not include the amount of time the pot takes to come up to pressure, as this will vary from individual and pot to pot. For reference, mine usually takes between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Another popular cooking method for hard boiled Instant Pot eggs is the 5-5-5 method. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, leave the pot alone for 5 minutes, then place the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- I've found all Instant Pots will vary a tiny bit, so you may want to play around with the times and experiment a bit if you find this recipe doesn't work perfectly for you.
- If you prefer to cook your hard boiled eggs on low pressure, pressure cook on low for 7 minutes, then let the pressure release on it's own for 5-8 minutes, then an ice bath as directed in this recipe.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg