Pasta Salad… in November?
Okay, so I know this time of year is all about soups, stews, more comforting foods for the colder weather… and don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those types of dishes. I do like to lighten things up from time to time and keep things refreshing 🙂 We tried a new pasta salad the other night, and it was a great treat! The inspiration for this dish came from this website that I found on Pinterest. I was a bit distracted while cooking, so I don’t have step by step pictures for this one, but it’s an easy recipe to follow 🙂 This recipe is unique because the sauce has balsamic vinegar in it, which adds a distinctly wonderful flavor!
I should also add, that I generally bake my bacon, and sprinkle it with pepper and crushed rosemary. It adds a little extra flavor 🙂
Recipe adapted from Errens Kitchen
Pasta Salad with Bacon and Green Onions
- 1 lb pasta of your choice - I used whole wheat Fusilli
- 12 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Boil your pasta just shy of al dente, drain, and let cool.
- Cook your bacon, and crumble.
- Chop your cucumber and green onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk your mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the large bowl, add the bacon, cucumber and green onions, and stir to combine.