Okay, so I know this time of year is all about soups, stews, more comforting foods for the colder weather… and don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those types of dishes. I do like to lighten things up from time to time and keep things refreshing 🙂 We tried a new pasta salad the other night, and it was a great treat! The inspiration for this dish came from this website that I found on Pinterest. I was a bit distracted while cooking, so I don’t have step by step pictures for this one, but it’s an easy recipe to follow 🙂 This recipe is unique because the sauce has balsamic vinegar in it, which adds a distinctly wonderful flavor!
I should also add, that I generally bake my bacon, and sprinkle it with pepper and crushed rosemary. It adds a little extra flavor 🙂
Recipe adapted from Errens Kitchen
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 lb pasta of your choice I used whole wheat Fusilli
- 12 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Boil your pasta just shy of al dente, drain, and let cool.
- Cook your bacon, and crumble.
- Chop your cucumber and green onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk your mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the large bowl, add the bacon, cucumber and green onions, and stir to combine.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!