Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef
Tangy, slightly spicy Italian beef is slow cooked all day until it’s fall apart tender, and then shredded. Perfect on it’s own, on a bun, or a baked potato!
If you’re looking for a great no-fuss meal, you have to try this amazing Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef! It cooks away in your slow cooker (hello easy weeknight meal!), until it’s so tender it practically falls apart by itself, then shredded. It’s tangy, a little bit spicy (totally customizable though), and SO versatile!
Even though the weather may be getting warmer, I’m still a huge fan of using my slow cooker. Think about it… this way you don’t have to heat up your kitchen by having your oven or stove top on, plus, dinner practically cooks itself!
This Italian beef is unbelievably easy… you don’t even have to sear the beef first! Of course you totally can, if you have the time and feel like it. About half the time I make this beef I sear it, and the other half I skip it. Sometimes, it’s more work than I feel like doing lol.
I like to use an English cut chuck roast for this (just because of the great marbilization and I like the relatively flat cut), but feel free to use your favorite cut of beef that you usually use for a roast.
Have you heard of the famous Mississippi Pot Roast? This Italian beef is fairly similar, except it uses no packets full of additives. You just add your seasonings and chopped peppers to the bottom of your slow cooker and stir in the vinegar. Add your beef on top of that, top with some extra peppers and a few tablespoons of butter. Pop a lid on the slow cooker and cook on low all day. Easy as pie!!
So now that you have this gorgeous slow cooker full of the most tender and flavorful beef ever… what are you going to do with it? Well you can do a few things…
- Serve it up by itself, with some great side dishes alongside (I’ll link to my favorites later in the post)
- Toast a buttery brioche bun and pile the beef on with some extra peppers
- Bake some potatoes and top them with plenty of butter and Italian beef
- Bake some crispy oven fries (or even fries from a bag), and top them with beef and some mozzarella cheese
I actually have another recipe using this Italian beef coming up next week… so stay tuned for that… you definitely don’t want to miss it!
Alright, so some side dishes that are great with this beef are
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic and Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms
- Cheesy Brussels sprouts with Bacon
- Crispy Oven Fries
Can’t you just imagine sinking your fork into that bowl full of succulent beef?!
The next time you’re craving some comfort food on a weeknight… whip up this Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef and prepare to fall in love!!
Want to try this Shredded Italian Beef?
PIN IT to your SLOW COOKER or BEEF board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 pepperoncini peppers, chopped (I use the mild jarred ones)
- 7-10 banana pepper rings (I use mild)
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Add vinegar, dried onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chopped pepperoncini peppers, and banana pepper rings to bottom of slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add beef chuck roast on top of spice mixture, season both sides with salt and black pepper. Top with butter.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Remove beef from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker to soak up any residual juice and serve.