The Ultimate Frozen Chocolate Mudslide
The most delicious frozen chocolate mudslide, made easily with just a few ingredients and a blender! Perfect for a party, girls night, or a relaxing night on the couch.
The mudslide is an iconic frozen drink concoction that you’ll find available at nearly every chain restaurant/bar… but did you know it’s super easy to make at home? Plus, you can customize it to your tastes, and the refills are always free!
When it’s super hot and humid, like it is every single summer here in Ohio, I crave some ice cream. Or rather, a boozy milkshake, like this chocolate mudslide!
Traditionally mudslides are made with 3 types of alcohol (vodka, baileys, and kahlua), and vanilla ice cream. And they are delicious! But I wanted to really UP the chocolate factor here… so I went with a chocolate flavored vodka, kept the baileys and kahlua, added creme de cacao, and used chocolate ice cream!
And let me just tell you, it is freakin’ amazing!! I will warn you… these could be dangerous. Like my Boozy Baileys Oreo Shakes, they taste so good and so smooth, you’ll just keep sipping away, and eventually those alcohols will catch up to you 😉
That being said, if you stick to just one, these aren’t going to get you smashed. They’re not what you want to drink to feel a buzz… but more of a fun drink. An adult way to enjoy a childhood classic chocolate milkshake. Go ahead and add a cherry or two on top!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS CHOCOLATE MUDSLIDE:
- Use a good quality blender. If you’ve ever struggled with a $10 doorbuster sale blender, you know what I’m talking about. I’ve found that you tend to get what you pay for when it comes to blenders, and even though we’re not chopping things up for this recipe, you still want one with enough power to perfectly whip that ice cream into a beautiful frothy milkshake!
- Chocolate vodka is a really nice addition, but not the only thing you can use. Don’t have chocolate vodka? No need to run out to the liquor store (unless you want to!). Vanilla vodka or even regular vodka will work too.
- The secret to the creaminess is not using ice cubes. You don’t need any… the frozen ice cream will work just fine.
- Speaking of ice cream… use a good quality chocolate ice cream that you would eat. It’s a prominent flavor in this mudslide, so make sure it’s a good one.
- Set your ice cream out before making these. Scooping completely frozen ice cream can be a real pain… so set the container out 5-10 minutes before making this mudslide and save yourself the frustration.
I really hope you give this chocolate mudslide a try… I’m sure you’ll love it!!
- Blender – I use this blender for all my drink concoctions and it works wonderfully!
- Slightly more affordable blender – This is the blender I use for all savory recipes (like when I puree soups) and it’s a workhorse!
- Hurricane glasses – Not necessary for the recipe, but if you want the glasses used in these photos, this is the set I purchased.
The Ultimate Frozen Chocolate Mudslide
- 1 1/2 oz chocolate vodka - (vanilla or even plain vodka would work as well)
- 1 1/2 oz Irish cream
- 1 1/2 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- 48 oz chocolate ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate sprinkles
- grated chocolate
- mini chocolate chips
- To a large blender, add chocolate vodka, Irish cream, Kahlua, creme de cacao and chocolate ice cream. Cover and blend well. You may need to scrape the sides of your blender halfway through, then continue blending.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in a small shallow plate, and add chocolate sprinkles to another small shallow plate. Dip glass rims in chocolate syrup, then in sprinkles. If desired, drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of the glasses in a random pattern. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour mudslide into glasses, top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of grated chocolate and a few mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!