These cookie dough truffles are made from an egg-less cookie dough with semi sweet chocolate chips, then coated in two different kinds of chocolate!
Everything you love about cookie dough, in a totally safe to eat, eggless form! These cookie dough truffles are made with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, then dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled with melted milk chocolate. Triple. Chocolate. Heaven!
Remember back when I made the most delicious cheesecake? I told you guys to stay tuned for another way to use that awesome cookie dough recipe… and here it is!
These are quite possibly one of my favorite little desserts… they’re bite sized, creamy and decadent, and go perfectly with just about everything! I love them on their own, but they’re also ahhh-mazing chopped up and stirred into some sweet vanilla ice cream.
You could also keep these truffles “naked” and not dip them in any chocolate if you wanted, or just drizzle some over the top. Or you could also coat them in white chocolate and then drizzle some colored chocolate over the top to match the holiday… pink for Valentine’s Day, green for St. Patrick’s Day, or red and blue for Independence Day.
Not only are they great to snack on, but they make a great gift too. Toss a few gorgeous truffles in a little cellophane and tie it up with a pretty ribbon… easy peasy!
I used my small cookie scoop, but you could make these any size you wanted.
I hope you guys give these a try!
Sorry this post is a little shorter than usual… I’m not feeling very well at all, but I just had to share this deliciousness with you all!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer (or hand mixer), cream together butter and both sugars on MED-HIGH heat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat in salt and flour. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out small portions of the dough. Using your hands, mold into ball shapes.
- Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and freeze until solid.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Place dark chocolate wafers in a small glass bowl and place bowl over the top of the saucepan, making a double boiler. Do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water!
- Melt the chocolate, stirring often, until smooth and creamy.
- Remove balls from the freezer. Insert a toothpick into a ball and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Place ball back onto wax paper lined baking sheet to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Repeat with remaining balls.
- Once chocolate has hardened, remove toothpicks and use a small butter knife or the back of a spoon to smear melted chocolate over the toothpick hole.
- Melt milk chocolate chips and drizzle over the top of the balls.
- Place in refrigerator to harden and set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.